Dates: 26-27 June (travel days 25 and 28 June)
Application deadline: 10 April 23:59 CET
Participation Fee: €25
IGLYO is organising a two-day event aimed at transgender and non-binary activists (and allies) for discussions, skills building and community building. The event has been planned to take place in Brussels, Belgium just before Transgender Europe’s 7th Council, so participants have greater opportunities to attend both events (See below for more information).
The specific objectives of the meeting are:
- To provide transgender and non-binary young people with a space to meet, connect and exchange experiences
- To identify and discuss specific transgender youth issues
- To identify shared priorities to ensure youth issues are included within the TGEU Council
Participants will be:
- Transgender, non-binary activists (or allies) who are committed to working on transgender and non-binary issues and rights
2. Between 18 and 30 years of age (some exceptions may be made)
- Represent one of IGLYO’s member organisations
3. Resident in a Council of Europe member state and able to secure a visa to Belgium (if needed)
4. Advanced or fluent in English, the session working language
All related expenses including travel, accommodation, and subsistence will be covered.
We strongly encourage the selected participants to apply to participate in the TGEU Council, taking place immediately after our meeting. Your travel will already be covered by IGLYO for the youth event, but to also attend the Council you will need to apply for a scholarship or cover accommodation and conference fees through your organisation or personally. Full scholarships to the TGEU Council cover all expenses. Partial scholarship cover accommodation, meals and the conference fee. Transportation will have already been paid by IGLYO.) The deadline for applications to scholarships to the TGEU Council is 23 April. Here are some of the identities/groups that TGEU encourages to apply for scholarships:
- Trans black and people of color
- Trans disabled people
- Trans sex workers
- Trans people with a migration background
- Trans women and gender non conforming people
- Trans people from underrepresented countries like Eastern Europe and Central Asia
Interested candidates can apply by completing the Participant Application Form or the form on this page, before 10 April 23:59 CET. You should expect to hear about the result of your application within 12 days from the closing date.
As part of your application, you will need to sign up to IGLYO educational event ground rules.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact IGLYO, by writing to Tudor, IGLYO’s Capacity Building Officer, at email@example.com
Create your own user feedback survey