CALL FOR PREPARATORY TEAM MEMBERS
STUDY SESSION ON E-LEARNING FOR YOUNG LGBTQI ACTIVISTS
“LGBTQI RIGHTS THROUGH E-LEARNING”
||“LGBTQI Rights through E-learning”
|| 17-19 Feb 2017, Budapest, Hungary
||14-19 May 2017, Budapest, Hungary
Deadline for applications: 12 January 2017
IGLYO is proud to announce a call for two prep team members of the study session “LGBTQI Rights through E-learning”
The event is kindly supported by the Council of Europe.
The goal of the study session is to bring together a dedicated group of young LGBTQI leaders with experience and interest in non-formal education and e-learning who will explore existing frameworks and contribute towards the development of IGLYO’s online learning platform in terms of usability and content.
The study session participants will:
- build a common base of learning theory and acquire skills on content generation and designing complete learning modules
- map the activist LGBTQI community’s distant learning needs and objectives
- adapt IGLYO’s most recent learning resources to the platform format
- develop initial content and support materials to populate the platform
- draft a promotional strategy for the learning platform
- make recommendations for accessibility settings, and the future development of the online learning component.
The program will be developed by the preparatory team and it will be mostly based on non-formal educational methods, experiential and learner-centered. Some expert-delivered formal sessions will be part of the program, as well.
We have opened this call for one preparatory team member to help plan, organize and facilitate this event. The team will also be made up by one IGLYO Board members, a Council of Europe designated trainer and will be supported by the IGLYO Secretariat.
The preparatory team has the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to reaching the objectives of the study session by working together to design and plan the content and the delivery of the program and the sessions;
- Select participants on the basis of the given selection criteria;
- Coordinate the running of the event with the rest of the team;
- Ensure a good cohesion and flow among different program elements;
- Attending the full duration of the prep team meetings and study session;
Prep Team Member profile
Prep Team Members will be:
- Fluent in English, the conference working language;
- Be from a country member of the Council of Europe and preferably already have Schengen space visa (as time is very short);
- Between 18 and 30 years of age on 30 October 2015;
- Experienced in working with LGBTQ youth;
- With experience in and knowledge of training, non-formal education, and be a confident facilitator;
- Available to attend the full duration of the events (see above);
- Responsive and available for a high volume of teamwork before and after the event, mostly by email and over Skype;
- Motivated to work in a stimulating, challenging and fun environment of young queer people!
All related expenses including travel, accommodation and subsistence will be covered.
Interested candidates can apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with answers to the following questions:
- Please write your name, age, country of residence and any other identity traits you wish to share. This call is open to residents in countries members in the Council of Europe.
- Please describe your professional experience/education/qualifications in any of the following: training/facilitation/education programs/training design/e-learning/distance learning.
- Please describe your professional/personal experience in working in LGBTQI activism.
- Please describe your motivation for being part of the preparatory team for this study session.
- Please describe your availability to the time requirements described above (dates and volume of work).
Please note that applications received after the set deadline will not be considered.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com.