IGLYO is happy to invite you to participate in the study session: ”LGBTQI Rights through E-Learning” The study session will be held at the European Youth Centre, Budapest, Hungary, from 14 May to 20 May 2017 (inclusive of travel days), in partnership with the Lifelong Learning Platform. The study session is supported by the Council of Europe.
Deadline for applications: 19th March 2017, 23:59 CET
Study session objectives
Every year IGLYO meets and trains more than 100 LGBTQI youth from 41 countries at conferences, study sessions, and trainings. While this is great, IGLYO’s member organisations want more! It is now time to reach out to more LGBTQI youth across Europe and offer more opportunities by creating an online E-Learning platform.
Over 5 days in May, 20 participants at the “LGBTQI Rights through E-Learning” study-session in Budapest will help IGLYO to explore the various E-Learning techniques and platforms already available, and will also create interactive learning content about LGBTQI issues for IGLYO’s online learning platform.
Specifically, the learning objectives are:
- build a common knowledge base of learning theory and acquire skills on content generation and designing complete learning modules
- map the activist LGBTQI community’s distant learning needs
- adapt IGLYO’s most recent learning resources to e-learning formats
- develop initial content and support materials to populate the platform
- draft a promotional strategy for the e-learning platform
- make recommendations for accessibility settings, and the future development of the online learning component.
We are looking for online LGBTQI leaders and activists, people with experience in training, teaching, and learning, people who work with online-tech; social media, programming, design, websites, and those who actively use e-learning tools (as creators or users).
The participants must:
- be between 18-30 years old.
- be able to attend the full program (every participant must attend at least 80% of the program in order to be reimbursed.)
- have a level of English that would allow for full participation in an international seminar.
- be from a Council of Europe (CoE) Member State. (However, since a limited number of places can be given out to participants who are not part of the CoE, we will be happy to accept and review applications from outside of CoE area.)
- be able to contribute Euro 50 as participation fee.
Additionally, participants should meet at least one of these descriptions:
- a person who works with or is interested in formal and non-formal e-Learning,
- someone working as, or studying to be a trainer or teacher,
- an LGBTQI youth activist working in the CoE region with interest and experience in learning and capacity building;
- someone with experience in developing websites, and/or creating social media content, and/or graphic design;
- Youtubers, bloggers, online campaigners and leaders who create and share content related to LGBTQI issues or Human Rights.
We encourage applicants from all ethnic, cultural, migrant background, all sexual orientations and gender identities and expression not only from IGLYO’s member organisations but also individual LGBTQI youth activists. IGLYO will welcome applications from who have interest or experience with non-formal education, distance and e-learning, training program design, technical and IT or other related areas of expertise. Every accommodation possible will be made to welcome people regardless of (dis)abilities.
Participant selection process
The preparatory team will review all complete applications. Participants will be selected based upon the motivation they express and on how well they meet the criteria of the ideal participant profile above.
Successful applicants will be notified by email, so please make sure to check the spam/junk email folder on or around the 24th March 2017.
Selected participants will also be expected to complete an online course before the study-session, and are encouraged to bring a laptop or tablet to the event, if possible.
Interested candidates can apply by filling the online application form. DEADLINE for applications: 19th March 2017, 23:59 CET
Costs and practical arrangements
All accommodation and food will be provided by the European Youth Centre, in double rooms. Travel expenses and visa costs will be reimbursed. Reimbursement will take place after presenting the receipts, tickets, etc. within an identified timeframe. In exceptional circumstances, IGLYO may be able to arrange your travel. Every participant must attend at least 80% of the program in order to be reimbursed.
A participation fee of EURO 50 will be deducted from the reimbursement.
Arrivals are expected during the day of 14th May, departures on 20th May 2017.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the prep team at email@example.com.
Study Session Online Application Form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MRKFQW6