May 28, 2013
May 28, 2013
We are excited to announce the call for applications for internship at IGLYO this summer. We look forward to welcoming one intern into the world LGBTQ advocacy on issues affecting young people throughout the pan-European region!
Interested applicants should submit their application consisting of two items: 1) your CV and 2) one-page cover letter, including one or two professional or academic references contacts.
Please indicate an estimated start date and the desired length of the internship placement. We will give preference to applicants who can commit to a period of eight to twelve weeks, during summer/early autumn, though the exact dates are negotiable.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com with the subject “Internship at IGLYO 2013”. We encourage applicants to apply by 30 June 2013. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, interested parties should apply as soon as possible.
IGLYO can offer a remuneration of 1000 EUR monthly (tax included).
We also strongly encourage interested candidates to look into possibility obtaining an educational scholarship or fellowship or be sponsored by a private institution.
Any work-related costs incurred during the internship will be reimbursed (e.g., travel and accommodation to IGLYO events).
Outline of the tasks/interest areas for the internship at IGLYO
The intern would support the Secretariat of IGLYO based on the current Workplan for 2013. Key activities will include:
· Monitoring relevant policy developments within the European institutions and national governments
· Support in drafting factsheets, statements
· Support in drafting policy/position papers, specifically in the area of social inclusion
· Attending and reporting on external meetings
· Support in the design of conferences and relevant meetings
· Support the administrative and logistical work related to IGLYO events
· Assist in the implementation of capacity building training for IGLYO member organisations
· Contribute to the drafting of newsletters
· Support to IGLYO’s communication officer
· Assist in website maintenance, including updating news items and social media sites
· Assist the staff of the Secretariat in the daily running of the office
· Contribute to IGLYO’s long-range fundraising efforts
Due to the diverse Workplan of IGLYO, we have some flexibility in the tasks that you could perform during the internship. We will try to design the activities of the internship placement to best meet the prospective intern’s topics of interest and skills.
Please use your cover letter to address the specific areas to which you can contribute.
· Excellent command of English language; oral and writing skills
· Commitment to the goals of the IGLYO
· A knowledge of, or willingness to learn, about the issues affecting LGBTQ young people
· Diligence, accuracy and attention to detail
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Self-motivated and ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to travel and work flexible hours
· Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about the European Institutions
· Knowledge of anti-discrimination policies relating to sexual orientation and gender identity
· Experience in policy research and analysis
· Willingness to work in coalitions with other equality networks
· Sense of humor and a positive attitude
· Undergraduate/Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, politics, international relations, communications, or information management. Those pursuing advanced degrees are also encouraged to apply.
Currently, IGLYO has a Secretariat located in the European Quarter of Brussels that is staffed by two people, an Office Manager and a Programmes & Policy Officer. The secretariat supports an eight-person Executive Board that is located throughout the pan-European region.
IGLYO wishes to create more opportunities for young peoples’ participation and self-development in the organisational setting. Therefore, we see this internship placement very much as an opportunity for young people to experience the international LGBTQ movement, developing skills and knowledge on the topics of human rights, LGBTQ rights, health, education, intercultural and inter-religious dialogue, social inclusion, and international advocacy.
More information about IGLYO can be found on our website www.iglyo.com or by inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IGLYO does not discriminate and encourages those from minority and vulnerable groups to apply. People from all under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.
IGLYO supports the European Quality Charter on Internships and Apprenticeships.
The Charter can be found here: http://qualityinternships.eu/ .
The International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer & Intersex (LGBTQI) Youth and Student Organisation
This website has been produced with the financial support of the Dutch Ministry of Education Culture & Science and the Rights Equality and Citizenship (REC) programme 2014-2020 of the European Union.
The contents of this website are the sole responsibility of IGLYO and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the Dutch Ministry or the European Commission.
Website by Haiwyre