Communication and engagement (engages)
- IGLYO has a grassroots approach to community empowerment and member engagement, by means of supporting LGBTQI youth groups and individuals, while being responsive to the needs of LGBTQI youth across Europe and beyond.
- IGLYO is reaching out actively to marginalised groups and identities that are underrepresented within the LGBTQI community.
- IGLYO is open to dialogue and clearly communicates with stakeholders across multiple mediums, using accessible means.
Values (IGLYO Believes/Strives/Aspires/is inspired)
- IGLYO is a norm-critical, feminist, intersectional anti-racist, anti-fascist, human rights-based, YOUTH LED organisation.
- IGLYO pushes for greater respect and integration of international human rights principles.
- IGLYO is not politically neutral, but not party political, and actively works with and constructively challenges decision-makers from broad political ideologies across Europe and beyond.
- IGLYO strives to be environmentally conscious.
Equal Access/Opportunity (is for everyone)
- IGLYO has an intersectional approach to support equal access and enhanced opportunities for identities that have been underrepresented or marginalised.
- IGLYO provides equal opportunities/treatment to people with different accessibility needs.
- IGLYO is inclusive of the full diversity of SOGIESC youth throughout Europe and beyond. IGLYO supports and works alongside youth organisations facing unique challenges and obstacles in their national and regional context. In particular, the direct threat and instances of homophobic, biphobic, transphobic, lesbophobic and intersexphobic violence prevalent in Eastern and South Eastern European countries, commands our community’s attention.
- IGLYO challenges racism, ableism, misogyny, bi and panphobia, transphobia, intersexphobia and other forms of discrimination and silencing within and outside of LGBTQI communities.
- IGLYO follows the principle “Nothing about us without us” and makes sure that no one is left behind.
- IGLYO aims to communicate in an accessible manner, using plain English whenever possible.
Solidarity (stands with you)
- IGLYO strives to be of solidarity; we stand in solidarity with other movements fighting for social justice, both within and outside of the LGBTQI movement, transnationally and internationally.
- IGLYO is a member-led organisation, and aims to always work to support our members and other LGBTQI youth and student organisations according to their needs.
- IGLYO is approachable, responsive to our members needs, and able to support our member organisations.
Future-oriented (looks forward)
- IGLYO aims to have a clear, measurable, positive impact on LGBTQI youth across Europe.
- IGLYO takes all possible steps to be adaptable to changing political and socio-economic situations, the rise of populism around Europe and new waves of xenophobia.
- IGLYO strives to be well-governed and financially responsible, with a clear strategic direction (link to strategic plan here hehe).
Culture (IGLYO is a community)
- IGLYO strives to be transparent.
- IGLYO actively reaches out and empowers young activists from different backgrounds and identities.
- IGLYO is youth-led and youth-inclusive – we are for youth, by youth, and of youth.
- IGLYO aims to provide safer spaces for all identities.
- IGLYO aims to offer a positive, supportive, compassionate inclusive environment for its staff, volunteers and members.
- IGLYO values fun, and enjoyment, and believes young people should be able to socialise with others without the fear of persecution. We root our activism in pleasure, community care and joy to prevent burn-outs and foster pride in who we are, what we stand for and how we show up for each other.
- IGLYO takes care to build the confidence of young activists, provide role models, and support growth of individuals and movements across Europe.
We are committed to continuous learning, fighting oppression, and working to realise a youth friendly, LGBTQI inclusive world.