The IGLYO Executive Board is looking to co-opt 2 new Board Members for the next two years. The Board Member’s mandate would start on January 1st 2021 and would run until October 2022.
We particularly welcome applications from intersex communities, communities of colour, trans communities (applications particularly welcome from trans women and trans femmes), those with disabilities and those based outside Western Europe.
If elected to the Board of IGLYO you will get a unique opportunity to work at the forefront of LGBTQI youth and student activism internationally, work in a motivated and inspiring team, help to build capacities of our Member Organisations and young LGBTQI activists, as well as learning and growing yourself! This role will surely bring loads of good karma and give you considerable professional experience.
The role of a Board Member in IGLYO involves:
- Overseeing the governance of the organisation (finances, activities and duty of care to the secretariat)
- Leading and contributing to the strategic direction of the network
- Being a spokesperson for LGBTQI youth across Europe
You will also have many opportunities to support and contribute to IGLYO’s activities such as:
- Delivering workshops or helping with training programmes
- Attending meetings and events on behalf of the organisation
- Contributing to IGLYO’s advocacy work through the internal working group
- Supporting campaigns and communications work
For a nomination to be valid, the candidate must fit the following criteria:
- Be between 18 and 30 years old
- Be officially nominated by a Member Organisation of IGLYO
- Provide all the required information in this form
Additionally to the above criteria we urge candidates to consider other requirements that the position of the IGLYO Board Member entails:
- Ability to provide around 10 hours of work per week on average, mainly spent on communicating with the board and staff (emails, instant messages, online meetings) and undertaking activities set out in the board work plan;
- Ability to work in English;
- Ability to travel at least once every three months, once it is safe to do so post-COVID (all travel and subsistence costs will be covered), ability to work remotely as most of work will be carried out online.
Apply by filling in this form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 December [midnight CET]. We especially encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply!