IGLYO, the European LGBTQI youth network, is looking for a consultant to support its preparatory work on a new fundraising strategy to be finalized early 2022.
With 112 member organisations and 10 staff, IGLYO is the largest LGBTQI youth network in the world. Our mission objectives are rights and empowerment. IGLYO has been core funded by the European Commission, the Dutch Ministry for Culture and the European Youth Foundation for a number of years.
We are very grateful for this generous financial and substance support which allowed IGLYO to grow to its size and proud impact. At the same time we recognize that we now need to diversify our funding and ensure our impact in reach remains focused on all of Europe and the neighbouring regions as well.
The new fundraising strategy is part of our new 4 years organisational strategy, this is also a deliverable for IGLYO’s 2022 work plan. To complete this task we are looking for a NGO fundraising subject matter expert to help us with the following research and strategic thinking:
- Market analysis on available funders with possible LGBTQI youth focus in the grant spectrum, both governmental and foundations.
- Strategic Private sector engagement – IGLYO is regularly approached by private sector actors with collaboration proposals that are varied in character from training delivery to social corporate responsibility and product/logo cooperation. So far this has been ad hoc rather than strategic. We wish to have a strategic plan based on comparable NGO experience in how to make such collaboration a potentially proactive strategic endeavor.
- Private sector engagement vetting process – A proposal on an implementable vetting mechanism for private sector collaboration that a small staff team like IGLYO can implement.
- Fundraising strategy advice – Advise on comparative experiences for NGOs of our size, and if relevant proposals, on private donations and/or public fundraising within the LGBTQI community interested in supporting youth work.
- General advice and analysis on questions that arise during the collaboration.
We are looking for a final product in the form of a short report with the substance of the research and advice required. This research will be used as the basis on which IGLYO can build an innovative and implementable fundraising strategy. The consultant will work with the Executive Director of IGLYO on this project.
How to apply?
To apply please send us:
- your CV
- your (short) proposal outlining your substantive experience with fundraising market research and private sector engagement for the rights and value based NGO sector and your experience with fundraising strategies. Any proof of this required substantive experience is appreciated.
- a short outline as to how you propose to go about delivering the 5 elements and what your experiences are with each.
- You also need to prove a minimum understanding for LGBTQI youth rights issues and diversity of our communities.
Deadline for applications 20th October 2021. Please send the above to Jonathan Beger (Executive Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The work will happen between end-October and mid-December (final date for delivery). We are looking at an engagement of roughly 10 days at the appropriate NGO level day rates, but we are open to negotiating with the most interesting proposal holder on what is exactly needed.
To download the full terms of reference as a PDF, please click here.