December 22, 2015
December 22, 2015
Study session “I” Have Rights (Budapest, Hungary)
Deadline for applications: 10 Jan 2016
Preparatory meeting 1: 18-20 Feb 2016, Budapest, Hungary (Arrivals 17/02 & Departures late 20/02)
Preparatory meeting 2: 16 – 17 Apr 2016 Budapest, Hungary (Arrivals 16/04)
Study Session: 18-22 Apr 2016 (Departures 23/04)
Prep team applicants need to confirm their availability for all above dates.
IGLYO is proud to announce a call for three prep team members of the study session “I” Have Rights. The event is kindly supported by the Council of Europe.
In 2013, the Council of Europe’s Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (SOGI) Unit published a report titled ‘An insight into respect for the rights of trans and intersex children in Europe’ which highlights that intersex children often undergo ‘normalising procedures’ which are not necessary for health reasons, but aim to ensure the child’s physical body fits better with traditional notions of sex. To stop these unnecessary and often highly traumatic procedures, there needs to be a dramatic shift in cultural norms, which relate to gender and the body. IGLYO is keen to make intersex the focus of several activities, so it can build its own knowledge on the subject, raise the awareness and capacity of its members, and become leading advocates for intersex youth rights.
The specific objectives of the study session will be:
Study Session Methodology
The program will be developed by the preparatory team and it will be mostly based on non-formal educational methods, experiential and learner-centered. Some expert-delivered formal sessions will be part of the program, as well.
We have opened this call for three preparatory team members to help plan, organize and facilitate this event. The team will also be made up by one IGLYO Board member and one IGLYO staff person, and a Council of Europe designated trainer.
The preparatory team has the following responsibilities:
• Contribute to reaching the objectives of the study session by working together to design and plan the content and the delivery of the program and the sessions;
• Select participants on the basis of the given selection criteria;
• Coordinate the running of the event with the rest of the team;
• Ensure a good cohesion and flow among different program elements;
• Attending the full duration of the prep team meetings and study session;
• Help write the conference report and evaluation;
Prep Team Member profile
Prep Team Members will be:
1. Fluent in English, the session working language
2. Between 18 and 30 years of age on 16 April 2016
3. Intersex activists or experienced in working with intersex topics
5. Experienced in leading non-formal education workshops and activities and be a confident facilitator
6. Available to attend the full duration of the events (see above);
7. Responsive and available for a high volume of teamwork before and after the event, mostly by email and online video calls
8. Motivated to work in a stimulating, challenging and fun environment of LGBTQI young people
Applicants should be from a Council of Europe member country and, as the timing is rather short, already have all the necessary travel documentation to be able to travel to Hungary.
Candidates will be selected based on geographical balance, gender balance, and a good reflection of the LGBTQI diversity. All related expenses including travel, accommodation and subsistence will be covered.
Interested candidates can apply by completing the application form here.
Please note that applications received after the set deadline will not be considered. The preparatory team members will be selected by the IGLYO Executive Board. Successful candidates will be notified by 15 January.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer & Intersex (LGBTQI) Youth and Student Organisation
This website has been produced with the financial support of the Dutch Ministry of Education Culture & Science and the Rights Equality and Citizenship (REC) programme 2014-2020 of the European Union.
The contents of this website are the sole responsibility of IGLYO and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the Dutch Ministry or the European Commission.
Website by Haiwyre