Call for Host Member Organisations
IGLYO Annual Members’ Conferences 2023 and 2024
Extended deadline for applications: Sunday 5 March 2023 at 23:59 CET
You can also download this full call in PDF here.
About this call
What better way to start the year than by giving you not one, but two events to look forward to: Our Annual Members’ Conference, a.k.a. the largest gathering for young LGBTQI activists in Europe, will be back for a brand new edition in 2023 and in 2024!
To start preparing, we are currently looking for an IGLYO Member Organisation to host the AMC 2023 and one to host the AMC 2024 in their home country, and thereby help us to organise unforgettable events for our international audience of over 70 LGBTQI young activists.
Is your organisation up for this exciting and rewarding adventure? Read our full call below and submit the application form Sunday 5 March 2023 at 23:59 CET (extended deadline). You’ll be able to let us know in the form whether you’re applying for the AMC 2023, the AMC 2024, or if you’re available to host either of them.
What is the IGLYO Annual Members’ Conference (AMC)?
The IGLYO Annual Members’ Conference (AMC) is IGLYO’s flagship annual gathering of representatives from its Member Organisations, and one of the largest gatherings of young LGBTQI activists in the world.
The AMC is a key moment for our Member Organisations to meet new faces through engaging networking and social activities, take part in insightful workshops led by other Members, learn about IGLYO’s current structure and activities, cast their vote on statutory issues, and elect new Board Members. In other words, it is an opportunity for our Members to contribute to setting the direction for the future of IGLYO while developing their own network and set of skills.
Practically speaking, each Member Organisation is asked to send one representative to the AMC, with all expenses covered by IGLYO (travel, accommodation, food). The AMC is held every year, usually around September/October, and we always team up with a Member Organisation to host the AMC in a different country every time. This call is aimed to find a host organisation for 2023, and one for 2024.
Feel free to have a look at our AMC Brussels’ 2022 to see what it concretely looks like!
What does IGLYO expect from the host organisation?
Hosting the IGLYO AMC can be a big responsibility, which requires enough time and resources. But worry not: Hosting the AMC is a collaborative process all along which IGLYO will guide you through every step to ensure that the AMC is a success. Below is a short overview of which tasks pertain to the host organisation, and which pertain to IGLYO.
Host organisation’s role
Hosting the IGLYO AMC means handling all the on-site organisation and logistics of the AMC, which includes tasks such as securing venues, organising catering, contributing to shaping the AMC programme, identifying activities for the social programme, ensuring the accessibility of the AMC, and regularly liaising with IGLYO on the organisation of the AMC through emails and online meetings twice a month.
Please note that IGLYO has the financial resources to fully fund the event if necessary. However, hosts are encouraged to work with IGLYO to identify other possible funding sources to support the AMC, so that more money can be directed at supporting additional participation costs for Members.
Throughout the process, IGLYO’s Board and Staff will assist the organising team and will be in charge of preparing the AMC’s contents (e.g. publishing calls, inviting speakers, putting up the final programme, etc.) and participants logistics (e.g. handling registrations, booking accommodations and flights, etc.). All communications about the event will be centralised on IGLYO’s website and channels, and IGLYO is responsible for the dissemination of the event to its Members.
The IGLYO Board and Staff will also visit the host organisation a few months prior to the AMC for an on-site in-person preparatory meeting.
How would your organisation benefit?
With great responsibility comes great reward! Hosting the IGLYO AMC will provide your organisation with a unique opportunity to:
- Increase the visibility of your organisation and activities on the international scale amongst the IGLYO membership, partner organisations, decision-makers, etc;
- Raise awareness about current issues related to LGBTQI (youth) rights in your country;
- Showcase your work and activities, and share best practices;
- Broaden your international network of LGBTQI youth activists.
Additionally, you will be greatly helping IGLYO, while benefiting from the professional experience of our 38-year old international network.
Who can apply to be a host?
The call for host organisations is open to any Member Organisation which:
- Was already an IGLYO Member the year prior to that of the AMC (i.e. if you become a Member in 2023, you can only host the AMC 2024; if you were already a Member in 2022, you can either host the AMC 2023 or 2024). You can see our full Members list here;
- Has the capacity to welcome representatives of all IGLYO Members and invited guests, or can identify a venue in their city where the AMC could potentially take place. The audience could range from 60 to 90 people from a wide range of Council of Europe countries and beyond;
- Is able to host the AMC around September/October 2023 and/or 2024;
- Has enough time and resources to organise the AMC;
- Commits to regularly liaise with IGLYO via email and to meet twice a month online;
- If possible, has the ability and resources to identify potential additional funding for the event;
- Bears experience hosting conferences/large meetings and has an understanding of the planning it requires;
- Has never hosted an IGLYO AMC;
- Is able to work in English.
How to apply?
Ready to host one of our next AMCs? You just have to fill out this short application form.
You’ll be able to let us know in the form whether you’re applying for the AMC 2023, the AMC 2024, or if you’re available to host either of them.
The deadline to fill out the form is Sunday 5 March 2023 at 23:59 CET (extended deadline). Selected Host Organisations will be contacted and announced mid-March 2023.
Questions and contact
For any question, please feel free to reach out to our Engagement Officer Petra at firstname.lastname@example.org.